Role: Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Galway (Remote during the pandemic period)
Benefits: Healthcare, private pension scheme, 21 days AL, Laptop, headset.
- Desktop support for circa 80 end users (mix of local and remote) (Windows 10, Office365).
- Administer Microsoft Windows server environments, including system installation, configuration, account management, backups, virus protection administration
- VMWare infrastructure
- Network infrastructure of switches, routers and firewalls.
- Local Server Room operations
- Monitor access to the networks - addressing issues of data security, password generation and file access
- Monitor server performance, network capacity and security issues
- Support VOIP phone systems and mobile devices
- Assist in preparing, revising and maintaining procedures and documentation
The ideal candidate will have recent work experience in the following areas:
- Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO
- Windows 10 support
- Windows Services Support including remote desktop services, clustering services and DFS
- VMWare ESXi 6.0
- Antivirus Endpoint products
- Networking knowledge: routing, switching and ethernet (tcp/ip)
- MS Office Pro O365 Suite
- Firewall/VPN administration (Juniper, Cisco)
- Enterprise Backups