Company: Our client (leader in the rail industry) is the largest Independent Traction Motor Specialist in Europe with a client list including nearly all the major rail operators in Europe and the UK.
Location: Dublin 24
- Motor winding, Motor rewinding
- Rewinding of AC/DC electric motors, Stators, Armatures, Rotors
- Motors range in size from up to c.1200KW
- Remove old winding from core.
- Repair or modify existing core.
Applicants should have 3 years’ experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Assemble and test Traction Motor stators, armatures, or rotors.
- Inspect cores for defects and align laminations.
- Filing of burrs from core slots, using hand file, portable power file, and scraper.
- Lining of slots with sheet insulation and insert coils into slots.
- Cutting, stripping, and bending of wire leads at ends of coils, using pliers and wire scrapers.
- Testing of windings using clearance gauge, growler, spring-steel blade, insulation tester, and resistance bridge.
- Winding of new coils on armatures and stators.
********** Recent graduates in mechanical engineering will also be considered. Full training is provided **********
Salary: €30K p/a
21 days Paid Holidays.